I’ve had so many Nudges from the Universe over the past few days that I hardly know where to begin! Actually, some were nudges. Others were in-your-face, poke-you-in-the-ribs, pay-attention-to-this! type attention grabbers. They have come from everywhere and everyone, and tempt me into so many directions that I’m torn and somewhat intimidated. So please forgive any disjointedness in this post – I’m thinking it through as I go.
Firstly, to follow up on the previous blog post (Baby Steps) – I had a fairly successful day. I hesitate to get too enthusiastic since I didn’t complete everything, but I’m still moving forward and that’s what counts.10
1. I took my Sample bag and a few jars to the delicious store I found recently, and sold one jar (Yay!) with promises of further sales in the future. Not as great as I hoped, but we’re not attaching to the outcome! *sigh* However, I did meet a wonderful lady who runs a business network for woman entrepreneurs, which I intend to join. I’m excited about meeting like-minded women in my city. So I’ll mark this one as done and successful.
2. Did this – it was surprisingly easy. But I do need to practice not swamping the poor person with hundreds of details at once. I’m so excited about my candles and the opportunity they represent, that it’s hard not to get all evangelical about it.
3. I must confess that the pile of catalogs is still unadorned. I’m moving this to number 1 for tomorrow. I’m adding to this the making of scent samples, and delegating the entire project to the Youngest Unmarried Child.
4. It’s amazing what you can do in 15 mins. Just check out the Fly Lady and you’ll see what I mean. I got soooo much done. The room is starting to look more like an office, and just another couple of 15 minute segments and it’ll be the haven of productivity that I’m dreaming of.
5. Update my website. Haven’t done that yet … Must get it done this week. I found out yesterday how to check the traffic stats – and was gobsmacked to see how many hits I get! Way more than I ever thought.
But throughout the past three days, one question has been nagging at me. A question posed by my good friend Jennifer, (see her gorgeous blog) in an attempt to get some insights for her article on me on her community website.
The question: “What are you passionate about?”
Every millionaire-mind type book I’ve ever read; every article on achieving your dreams, always starts with knowing what your dreams are! What you’re passionate about. What keeps you up at night and going full tilt during the day. Ester Hicks and Abraham call it “Following your Bliss.”
And while I was painting my bedroom on Friday – a luscious feng-shui-appropriate gold, and absolutely not on the day’s to-do list but I couldn’t resist (which figures considering the revelation that followed) – I realised that I am happiest when I’m beautifying things. Taking something unloved and unwanted, whether its a chair, a room or a house, and making it into something that lifts your spirits and warms your soul. All my previous business endeavors are an extension of this. This is why I love my candles. A delicious fragrance will always make you feel better, richer, more abundant. An inexpensive quick-fix to a crappy day.
Then the next day, while investigating the cost of reupholstering two vintage wingback chairs I found (currently swathed in pepto-bismol pink, poor dears!), I found the business card of a woman that actually teaches upholstery right here in town. For the cost of getting one chair done, I could get the skills to do it myself. On hundreds more chairs! I cannot explain in words how excited this made me.
And that tiny little thought grew, mushroomed, exploded into a fullblown epiphany.
I love to make things beautiful!
That’s what I’m passionate about! Beauty raises your vibrations, increases your feeling of abundance and fills your heart with joy and gratitude. My candles, my theatricality, my flea-market addiction, my reclaimed-from-the-dumpster style of decorating – everything has led to this.
So, it’s no longer just about the money (gasp!). As I create and spread beauty, helping people make their homes into sanctuaries that heal their souls, the abundance will naturally flow.
I will follow my bliss.
Day by day, step by step.
And so, to bed. Perchance to dream …
of luxurious fabrics on vintage chairs, the delicious fragrance of candles,
and creating abundance, one person at a time.