What I Believe … (aka A Manifesto of sorts)

by on May 9, 2012

Holed up in a Minnesota hotel room, this goddess has spent the past two days strategizing, clarifying and creating what will become my signature coaching system.

But before all that came a thorough investigation into
who I am and what I stand for,

because unless the platform is stable and the message clear,
one is almost doomed to failure at launch.

So here then, gentle reader, is the initial result ~
a lifetime of living condensed into bullet points;
a shopping list of values;
the software upon which I operate;
a manifesto of sorts.

I believe in harmony.

I believe in the betterment of self, which leads to betterment of everything.

I believe mediocrity is a living death and waiting to be special is a waste of time.

I believe in grace under pressure .

I believe we are all square pegs being pounded into round holes for the sake of uniformity and mass control,
and I believe it is my life’s work to help others create a life that fits.

I believe in Sunday family breakfasts with Granny’s china, cloth napkins, eggs, bacon, toast and too much marmalade.

I believe in owning my own truth, and at the same time allowing others the courtesy and dignity of owning theirs.

I believe that when a woman becomes herself – owning and celebrating and expanding her uniqueness – she’s a better friend, mother, wife, boss, entrepreneur, artist, citizen of the world.

I believe there is a place for debate but not argument.

I believe that most healing begins with hugs and tea and chocolate.

I believe in beauty, and that when we surround ourselves with that which we consider beautiful, we inoculate ourselves against boredom and the mundane.

I believe in the lusciousness of language, the power of words, and the correct use of apostrophes.

I believe there’s no such thing as over-dressing and that every woman should go grocery shopping in a ball gown,
or wear feathers with her business suit, at least once.

I believe in love.

And I believe that the greatest love affair you ever have should be with yourself … everything else will be a reflection of that.

What do you believe in, scrumptious one?

May I invite you to either add your manifesto-of-sorts to the comments below,
or write your own in a blog post and link it here so we can all come and visit.

Even if you don’t make it public, you’ll find the newly minted clarity to be utterly delicious.

Bliss-ings, love, and chocolate,

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Shelly Allen May 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I believe your manifesto is absolutely perfect for The Goddess known as Jacqueline Gates!
Shelly Allen´s last blog post ..Is There Such A Thing As A FAKE GURU?

Becca May 10, 2012 at 12:44 am

Very interesting post. thank you to inspire us.
keep on believing.
Becca´s last blog post ..Skip Bins Wyongah

Nancy Shields May 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Hello Goddess – glad I stopped in for a chocolate treat and a few thoughts on My Manifesto –

I believe first and most in LOVE – I am love and Love is being exhuded by me…
I believe in truth
I believe in loyalty
I believe in smiles
I believe in honesty
I believe in fairy dust
I believe in music
I believe in the sound of birds outside your window and how that can make you smile
I believe in ABUNDANCE for I live it!
I believe in YOU!

Nancy
Nancy Shields´s last blog post ..LESSON 4 ……RECOGNIZE YOUR BEAUTY

Holly May 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I love this post, Jacquie!! Way to go gf!! Now I have to ‘think’ a bit muse a bit and get really quiet and decides what I believe in for my manifesto!! Great idea… I will link in my dear!!
Holly´s last blog post ..Hooked Into Another Weight Loss Miracle?

Nathalie Villeneuve May 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm

*** I believe that I am always divinely guided (A good example is that I am on your blog)

*** I believe I will always take the right turn in the road (That’s why it’s good to slow down)

*** I believe God will always make a way where there is no way ( That’s why I will never quit)

Love you Goddess… Love your manifesto and yes a manifesto movement would be great!

~ Nathalie
Nathalie Villeneuve´s last blog post ..Make Money Get Slim

Sabine Panneau May 11, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Believing is half the journey! Thanks Jacqueline for sharing this!
Sabine Panneau´s last blog post ..Overseas Move – 4 Areas That Need Attention Before Setting Off

Pete Goumas May 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Hello Jacqueline,
This is a beautiful post and the comments are also very interesting to read. I enjoyed reading manifesto-of-sorts and I think it’s really interesting to make post on this topic.
Pete Goumas´s last blog post ..What Is Mythology

Chucky May 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Now I have to ‘think’ a bit muse a bit and get really quiet and decides what I believe in for my manifesto!! Great idea.
Chucky´s last blog post ..Low Carb Diets That Work

Kellie Hosaka May 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Woohoo! (Standing ovation with lots of clapping) :) I love your declaration! And yes, it is who you are!

I believe that everyone (soul) has a purpose and that each soul’s journey is their own. Each individual has gifts that no other person on earth has, just like our fingerprints.

I believe we are here to BE who we were meant to be, and we know that we are BEing because we are living our life with passion; we are happy and fulfilled. Our lives are abundant and full of love. :)

I believe life is full of magic and miracles and so much FUN!

Thank you for sharing Goddess & for allowing us to share!

Much love & aloha,
Kellie :)
Kellie Hosaka´s last blog post ..Entrepreneurial Revolution According To Seth Godin

Rebecca Woodhead May 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I believe in you. <3
Rebecca Woodhead´s last blog post ..Should I Quit My Job?

Syeda Mehwish May 27, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I love this post, Jacqueline. After reading your post and comments I am also curious to write manifesto-of-sorts. Thank you for the beautiful post.
Syeda Mehwish´s last blog post ..BobyBuilding.Com Review and Coupon Codes

john May 29, 2012 at 12:13 am

Love is so great that can cover and change the world.

Pete @ Denver SEO June 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I believe in people
I believe in the power of good
I believe in the ability to change my destiny

I believe in you.

Its about connectivity, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to connect with you, even if only for a moment!
Pete @ Denver SEO´s last blog post ..Denver SEO & CommentLuv – Proper Link Building

Dianna June 8, 2012 at 2:43 am

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Thanks for sharing such nice article.
Dianna´s last blog post ..Cerebrolysin to Help Treat Alzheimer’s Disease and Mental Decline

Nickie Y. June 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I love this! I too believe that everything happens for a reason (my life summed up) as Dianna stated, and I’m with Nancy too: I believe in LOVE! Without it life wouldn’t be the same.

Amanda July 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

I love reading your posts; they are so refreshing and motivating! Just a tip to other readers: read these in the morning before you start your day; it will put you in a great mood and help you face the world with your head up high!

I believe in second chances
I believe everything happens for a reason
I believe in believing!

Bhavesh September 4, 2012 at 10:23 pm

it really a interesting & good article, it inspired me so much,
thanks for sharing this inspiring article ……!!!
Bhavesh´s last blog post ..5 Top Best Sites To Download FREE Android Apps

Meagan December 19, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to
have you share some stories/information. I know my
visitors would enjoy your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
Meagan´s last blog post ..Meagan