“It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.”
~ W. Somerset Maugham
**Note: Angelface, feel free to zoot past the how-I-found-this-brilliance explanation, straight to get the UPGRADE list. I understand you’re busy, but do yourself a favour, ok? Don’t just read-and-nod. DO IT! Nothing changes without action.
In my 50+ years of life-experience (the past 10 of those spent in deep self-inquiry), the fizz-bang-mind-blowing moments of awareness of how-awesome-life-could-be are no match for the subversive sameness of everydaylife.
I’ve been to events that have got me filled to busting with take-on-the-world energy + the theme from Rocky on a 24 hour loop in my head, only to realize a week later that my life looks much the same as it did before.
Or I’d read a book or blog post and all of a sudden … gad! Possibilities! Visions of bulging bank accounts and private jets.
But the gap between ‘here’ and ‘there’ seemed overwhelmingly huge and, uh, where’s my bridge?
You’ve been there, right?
Well, me too and quite frankly, I was heartily sick of that scenario.
I know there’s no such thing as get-rich-quick (and of course you’re waaaaay too smart to believe that!) but nonetheless I longed for that sense of abundance + luxury and I was tired of waiting for it.
I was determined to find a way to feel rich while I got rich.
Cue Abraham Hicks ~
“You can’t have it both ways. You cannot focus upon the absence of money and let money in. It cannot be! You have to start finding moments that feel like you think you want to feel…and savoring them!”
KA_POW! BAM! THERE IT IS!!
I had to find a way to instill morsels of
If I couldn’t have my rich-life 24 hours a day immediately … then I’d start with 2 -4 minutes a day and work up from there.
And it worked.
As in … “I left retail + work from home + created a 300% pay raise + we’re debt free” worked.
Of course, you want to know how I did it, right?
I warn you, it’s not sexy or mystical or even difficult.
But then, most of the really powerful stuff never is.
Here’s the secret to implementing every abundance-building idea you’ve ever read/heard/had …
Here’s how to FEEL RICH right now, so you can BE RICH later …
Systematic And Deliberate Upgrades of Everything
Even though, financially, nothing had changed yet, I began improving bits of my life here and there, wherever I could.
I stopped saving the ‘best stuff’ for a ‘special occasion’.
I figured out what my ‘rich life’ looked like, and began recreating it.
(Note: I call this LOA Nesting now, but back then I just wanted to feel rich-er)
I focused making the best of what I had and expecting better to come …
appreciation + anticipation = uberpowerful manifesting mojo, pumpkin.
So (finally) ere’s the list you’ve been waiting for, supernova.
Choose one to do right away.
31 ways to UPGRADE your life right now
- Eat your meals off your best china daily, at the table, with music playing softly in the background.
- Drink your eight-glasses-of-water out of a crystal goblet (or the verybest glass you own)
- Banish paper plates and plastic cutlery to picnics only.
- Speaking of picnics, make up an old-fashioned basket with blanket, real plates and yummy food and go have your lunch outside at least once this summer.
- Set your table every night as though company were coming
- Actually USE all those scented lotions you’ve got stashed for a ‘special’ occasion
- Have a bubble bath by candlelight, instead of a shower
- Throw out the raggedy knickers and tired bra. Splurge on something pretty-yet-practical. Bonus points for Wildly Sexy.
- Read one of the classics ~ anything by Jane Austin. Dickens is brilliant but rather depressing.
- Watch one of the Top 100 Films of All time
- Buy some really good shoes for walking … and then walk.
- Cut down on watching the news or reality TV
- Dress up a little more … no more waiting to be special.
- Choose fresh over processed food, organic where you can (at least avoid the Dirty Dozen)
- Declutter – even if it’s just that scary drawer in the kitchen
- Spend next Saturday wandering round your local art gallery or museum
- Write someone a real letter, Jane Austin style
- Ask for experiences rather than gifts for your birthday. How about a bouquet of flowers every week for six months, or perhaps season tickets to the opera?
- Light scented candles in the evening. Make it a little ritual as the sun goes down.
- Browse consignment stores for gently-used luxury on a budget
- Play your favorite music while you do chores
- Pretty-up your housekeeping tools
- Go to one of those fancy department stores and have a makeup lesson. Buy yourself something from the esthetician, even if it’s just a new lipstick – because you’re rich, remember?
- Give some money away. I know you’re waiting to get rich before you become a philanthropist, but that’s not how it works. When you give, you get.
- Get a manicure. Or swop manicures with a girlfriend.
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers, or cut some greenery from the garden. Even a single bloom can glamourize a workspace or a dressing table
- Schedule a monthly massage ~ remember it’s part of your health care as well as your self care. If not monthly, then at least every other month.
- Wear perfume every day
- Go to the theater and watch a live performance, rather than going to the movies. You’ll be supporting the arts and besides, the vibe is like no other.
- Hire a cleaner ~ even if it’s just once a month, or once a season.
- Clean out your car – wash it, polish it, pretend it’s a Jag/Rolls/Ferrari.
And finally, most importantly,
32. Upgrade your thoughts.
This is a MUST. Non-negotiable. Your abundance depends on it.
From this day forth, you’re done with tolerating a less-than-stellar opinion of yourself and what you deserve, ok?
That bitchy, critical voice in your head … shut her up swiftly and decisively.
And then reward yourself with something sumptuous like a mouthful of perfect chocolate or half-an-hour reading trashy romance.
If you need help with this, you might like to consider getting some wildly specific + insanelyuseful coaching
on this one thing.
Expect the best OF yourself and FOR yourself, and believe me, magicpants, the Universe will deliver.
Bliss-ings as always
PS I’d lurve to add to my list of suggested-upgrades. Please share your favorite in the comments below. You get extra linky-love-juice as a bonus!