Unless you’ve been living on a rock, or on the moon, you’ve no doubt realized that our global checkbook is empty and the karmic bill-collectors are camped on our door, demanding that we face up and pay up.
Even though I haven’t watched the news since 9/11 (and honey, turning off my tv has been the best investment in my prosperity and happiness I’ve ever made!), I’ve still been aware of the unsettling developments here in the US and their repercussions around the world.
And it’s oh so easy to allow that feeling of uncertainty, insecurity and lack to pervade our own mindset, isn’t it?
But sweetheart, if you let that happen, you’re doomed to perpetuate more of the same!
So let’s be pro-active, shall we? Let’s start building a Family Fortress before the proverbial stuff hits the fan.
Here’s a few things you can do NOW with what you already have :
- First and foremost, be Grateful;
- Pay yourself first, to build that cushion;
- Use what you have, before you buy anything new;
- Start planning your weekly menus so you don’t waste money on take out or groceries you don’t eat;
- Look at easy ways to lower your electricity bill;
- Go on a ‘cash only’ system for random spending ~ when it’s gone, it’s gone;
- Use a planner to organize bill paying to avoid those obscenely humungous late fees;
- Take advantage of the current trend of vintage fashions, and visit your local thrift stores and Goodwill rather than the mall;
- Use your ‘good stuff’ on a regular basis, to keep yourself feeling abundant and rich.
And in this two-pronged approach, let’s look at increasing income too :
- Make a list of your sellable skills;
- Draw up flyers and/or a website to tell people about it;
- Do a springcleaning binge and sell off the stuff you don’t need/want/love anymore;
- Keep repeating to yourself, “I’m open to new opportunities to make more money”, and watch what happens!
(Don’t dismiss this till you try it!)
And a special section for you business goddesses ~
- Use Kindle for PC to by electronic versions of the books you want to read;
- Join Home & Small Business Network;
- Listen to my 12 hours of marketing training, and implement the suggestions in there;
- Download my fr.ee Facebook Finishing School to find out how to use FB to grow your list.
And if you’re ready to really take advantage of the coming uncertainties;
- Get the black box investing strategies of the rich at the Elevation Group;
- Join me at the Live the Dream event in October (grab these awesome bonuses if you decide soon!);
- Focus on building your own business while you still have a day job;
- and get a coach to guide you through it all. (Yes, I have two spots open – shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finally, dear hearts, a few wise words …
“Fortunately, happiness is something
that depends not on position
but on disposition,
and life is what you make it.”-
Gill Robb Wilson